OFFICIAL INFO FROM ADOBE
• New subscription level pricing for photographers: $10/month with a year's subscription, now available with Lightroom just released.
Adobe has listened to the loud outcry from photographers and others who don't need the entire store of Adobe software. The $10/month offer has been extended to December 31st, and previous ownership of version CS3+ isn't needed.
WHAT WE KNOW ABOUT THE CREATIVE CLOUD
• These apps are NOT cloud based
: PS Elements - Premiere Elements - Acrobat Pro - and any CS6 apps. They will continue to be sold by box or download, non-subscription, one-time purchase. Lightroom 5 is available in the cloud, but also by non-subscription download.
• CS6 will continue to be supported
via phone or email for glitches, problems, etc, but there will be no updates or new features. There is no CS7 or any further Creative Suite development.
CREATIVE CLOUD PRICING
Adobe has various membership plans, from $10-$50/month: http://www.adobe.com/products/creativecloud/buying-guide.html
SERVICES PROVIDED IN THE CLOUD
Summary of tools and services per plan level:
CREATIVE CLOUD GENERAL CONCEPTS
• CC apps are downloaded to your computer, not the cloud, continue to operate as long as you connect to the internet every 30 days to verify subscription (there are exceptions), are upgraded with new features as developed, are constantly updating your personal downloaded version if you're connected, and will continued to be operational for 30 days after you stop subscribing.
• If you store content in the cloud, that content will be available for 90 days to download after you stop subscribing. Storage in the cloud is not mandatory. You can store images anywhere.
• Depending on your subscription, you have access to one or all 80 kajillion apps for download if you have a hard drive big enough.